Governor Gavin Newsom issued a Shelter in Place order requesting all non-essential businesses to shut down and for people to stay home through April 19.
At Torrance Audiology Center, we have stopped all general hearing care except for emergency hearing care needs. All routine and annual examinations will be rescheduled for a date and time after April 19. We will be available during limited office hours to reschedule your appointments to a later date. Please leave a message if we are unable to answer the phone.
We are here to assist you for the following reasons:
- Pick up your hearing aids and/or earmolds
- Repair or adjust hearing aids if you do not have a back up
- Battery pick up if you are running low and need more
- Emergency medical auditory problems such as sudden hearing loss
If you need to visit our office, please call ahead to make sure we are open. Our doors will remain locked and you must call the office to have someone let you in. If you are sick or having flu-like symptoms, do not leave your home. However, if you must come to the office while sick, please wear a mask and call us to arrange an arrival time. If you need to pick up anything from our office, we will arrange a pickup time and place it outside the door when you arrive to minimize contact with our office staff.
If you have any concerns Dr. Hu can always be reached by calling the office at (424) 257-8285.
Thank you and be safe!
Everyone has a role to play in staying healthy. Protect yourself and your community from getting and spreading respiratory illnesses like coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) by taking the following preventative actions:
- Stay at home if you have fever, respiratory symptoms or believe you are sick.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces including: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
- Disinfect surfaces that may be contaminated with germs after cleaning. See a list of products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens claims, maintained by the American Chemistry Council Center for Biocide Chemistries (CBC). Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation while using the product.
- Practice hand hygiene. Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.